Special Waste Clean-Up Days
Bowen Waste Service will provide large containers for residential clean-up. We accept household items such as appliances, metals, rimless tires and car batteries, and objects considered too large for weekly garbage pick-up. Please place loose items in bags, neat & tidy.
DRYWALL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Fees must be paid in advance to drop off household waste. Purchase your tickets at:
Bowen Island Municipal Hall
981 Artisan Lane
Mon-Fri 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Snug Cove General Store (April 17 - 22, 2017)
471 Bowen Island Trunk Rd
Small load: $12
Approximately 10 garbage bags or the contents of trunk of a sedan type vehicle.
Medium load: $22
Approximately 20 garbage bags or the contents of an SUV-type vehicle or minivan.
Large load: $32
Approximately 30 garbage bags or the contents of a level pick-up truck load.
Mattress or appliance: $22
Per mattress or appliance.
Hazardous Waste Drop Off
No fees to drop off hazardous waste
What is accepted?
- Liquids only
- Paint thinners, other solvents, camp fuels or liquid adhesives with the flammable symbol
- Maximum container size: Kerosene 9L; Other liquids 10L
- Consumer pesticides with the poisonous (skull & crossbones) symbol AND “Pest Control Product” registration number (REG #12345 PCP ACT)
- Maximum container size 10L
- In approved ULC containers only
- Maximum container size 20L
What is not accepted?
- Products that cannot be identified
- Products that are leaking or improperly sealed
- Empty containers
- Commercial, industrial or agricultural products
- Cosmetics, health and beauty aids
- Insect repellants, disinfectants and pet products
- Diesel, propane and butane fuels
- Caulking tubes