Building Permits & Inspections
Building Office Hours- Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Building Inspection Hours - Tuesdays & Thursdays Office: 8:30 am - 12:00 noon Inspections: 1:15 pm - 4:15 pm
When do I need a Building Permit?
- New construction
- Demolition, alteration or addition to a structure
- Building an accessory building
- Building a deck more than 600 mm (2ft) above grade
- Installing a swimming pool
- Building retaining walls 1.5m (5ft) or higher
How do I apply for a Building Permit?
- I am the registered property owner
- I would like to assign an agent such as a builder, architect, or engineer to act on my behalf.
A building permit may expire if work is not commenced within 12 months from the date of issuance and if work is discontinued for a period of 12 months or more.
Upon completing a demolition permit the Municipality will notify BC Assessment so that you will not be taxed for the improvement on your next tax bill.
Apply to build a dock by submitting a Building Permit Application for a Group or Private Moorage Facility.
Building Inspection Hours - Tuesdays & Thursdays 1:15 pm - 4:15 pm
Call Sandi at 604-947-4255 to book your inspection.
When do I have to get an inspection?
- It is the responsibility of the property owner or his/her agent to call for the required inspections
An Occupancy Certificate is issued after completion of new residences and buildings. A Letter of Completion is issued after all other work is done under the building permit, deposits will be returned after an Occupancy Certificate or Letter of Completion has been issued.